- support services by a welfare agency for a person discharged from an institution, such as hospital, hostel, or prison
- the care before and after discharge from hospital of a patient recovering from an illness or operation
- any system of maintenance or upkeep of an appliance or product: contact lens aftercare
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
af•ter•care /ˈæftɚˌkɛr/USA pronunciation n. [uncountable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- Medicinethe care and treatment of a patient recovering from an operation or trauma.
af•ter•care (af′tər kâr′, äf′-),USA pronunciation n. [Med.]
- Medicinethe care and treatment of a convalescent patient.
- after + care 1755–65
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
aftercare /ˈɑːftəˌkɛə/ n