- the act or process of collecting together or becoming collected
- something that has been collected, gathered, heaped, etc
- the continuous growth of capital by retention of interest or earnings
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
ac•cu•mu•la•tion (ə kyo̅o̅′myə lā′shən),USA pronunciation n.
- act or state of accumulating;
state of being accumulated.
- that which is accumulated;
an accumulated amount, number, or mass.
- growth by continuous additions, as of interest to principal.
- Latin accumulātiōn- (stem of accumulātiō). See accumulate, -ion
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
accumulation /əˌkjuːmjʊˈleɪʃən/ n
'accumulation' also found in these entries:
Bolzano -Weierstrass theorem - CATS - accumulation point - accumulative - aerator - alimentation - antifouling - antistatic - arteriosclerosis - ascites - ashpit - azotemia - backlog - backup - ball and chain - bioaccumulation - biological accumulation - biological magnification - bond - buildup - caked breast - cameralist - channery - check - choline - closed set - cluster point - coadaptation - cobwebby - collection - congest - congestion - cumulation - cumulative - death rattle - debris - deposit - detritus - drip - dropsy - dump - dystrophic - embacle - eutrophic - fatty - flatulent - floating island - founder effect - gather - glacier