- a potent green alcoholic drink, technically a gin, originally having high wormwood content
- another name for wormwood
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
ab•sinthe or ab•sinth/ˈæbsɪnθ/USA pronunciation n. [uncountable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- Winea strong green liqueur having a bitter licorice flavor.
ab•sinthe (ab′sinth),USA pronunciation n.
- Winea green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
- wormwood (def. 2).
- Greek apsínthion
- Latin absinthium wormwood
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
absinthe, absinth /ˈæbsɪnθ/ n
'absinth' also found in these entries: