- a feeling of extreme loathing or aversion
- a person or thing that is loathsome
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
ab•hor•rence (ab hôr′əns, -hor′-),USA pronunciation n.
- a feeling of extreme repugnance or aversion;
- something or someone extremely repugnant or loathsome.
- abhorr(ent) + -ence 1650–60
- 1.See corresponding entry in Unabridged . execration, detestation.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
abhorrence /əbˈhɒrəns/ n
'abhorrence' also found in these entries: