WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
(wej′wŏŏd′),USA pronunciation n.
- Josiah, 1730–95, English potter.
- Trademarksa brand of ceramic ware made by Josiah Wedgwood and his successors.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
Wedgwood /ˈwɛdʒwʊd/ n
- trademark pottery produced, esp during the late 18th and early 19th centuries, at the Wedgwood factories
- such pottery having applied classical decoration in white on a blue or other coloured ground
- relating to or characteristic of such pottery: Wedgwood blue
'Wedgwood' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):