- an ancient city on the W coast of Asia Minor: a major trading centre in the ancient world; a centre of early Christianity
Modern name: Izmir
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
Smyr•na (smûr′nə),USA pronunciation n.
- Place Namesformer name of Izmir.
- Place NamesGulf of, former name of the Gulf of Izmir.
- Place Namesa city in NW Georgia: suburb of Atlanta. 20,312.
- Mythology[Class. Myth.]Myrrha.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
Smyrna /ˈsmɜːnə/ n
'Smyrna' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):