- Ava. 1922–90, US film actress. Her films include The Killers (1946), The Sun also Rises (1957), and The Night of the Iguana (1964)
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
Gard•ner (gärd′nər),USA pronunciation n.
- BiographicalDame Helen (Louise), 1908–86, British educator and literary critic.
- BiographicalJohn W(illiam), born 1912, U.S. educator and author: Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare 1965–68.
- Place Namesa city in N Massachusetts. 17,900.
- a male given name: from an Old French word meaning "gardener.''
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
Gardner /ˈɡɑːdnə/ n