- the twelfth and last month of the year, consisting of 31 days
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
De•cem•ber /dɪˈsɛmbɚ/USA pronunciation n.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- the 12th month of the year, containing 31 days. [proper noun]:See you in December.[countable]It was two Decembers ago when she visited us.Abbr.: Dec.
De•cem•ber (di sem′bər),USA pronunciation n.
- the twelfth month of the year, containing 31 days. Abbr.: Dec.
- mens- month + -ri- suffix (with -sr-
-br- and assimilation of nasal)
- *dec(em)-membri-, equivalent. to decem ten + *-membri-
- Latin december (stem decembr-) the tenth month of the early Roman year, apparently
- Old French
- Middle English decembre bef. 1000
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
December /dɪˈsɛmbə/ n
'December' also found in these entries:
Aceh - Andaman and Nicobar Islands - Banda Aceh - Bellow - Boston Tea Party - Capricorn - Christmas - Commonwealth of Independent States - D, d - Day of Infamy - Dec - Decembrist - El Niño - Forefathers' Day - Frimaire - Galle - Geminids - Haggai - Holy Innocents' Day - India - Indian Ocean - Indonesia - John Birch Society - Lesser Dionysia - Maldives - Memphis - New Year's Eve - Nivôse - November - October - Pearl Harbor - Phuket - Portuguese India - Pride's Purge - Rizal Day - Sagittarius - Saturnalia - Seabee - September - Sri Lanka - Sumatra - Thailand - Twentieth Amendment - Union of Soviet Socialist Republics - Ursids - Vladivostok agreement - autumn - bulge - cousin - dec-