- archaic or derogatory a native or inhabitant of China
- (often not capital) a ball bowled by a left-handed bowler to a right-handed batsman that spins from off to leg
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
Chi•na•man (chī′nə mən),USA pronunciation n., pl. -men.
- Slang Terms[Usually Offensive.]a Chinese or a person of Chinese descent.
- (l.c.) a person who imports or sells china.
- Government(often l.c.) Political Slang. a person regarded as one's benefactor, sponsor, or protector:to see one's chinaman about a favor.
- a Chinaman's chance, [Usually Offensive.]the slightest chance:He hasn't a Chinaman's chance of getting that job.
- China + -man 1765–75
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
Chinaman /ˈtʃaɪnəmən/ n ( pl -men)