- an ancient town in the West Bank, near Jerusalem: in the Old Testament, the place where the dream of Jacob occurred (Genesis 28:19)
- a chapel of any of certain Nonconformist Christian sects
- a seamen's chapel
- Biblea sacred area or sanctuary. Gen. 28:19.
- Naval Termsa church or hostel for sailors.
- Hebrew bēth 'ēl house of God
Beth•el (beth′əl; for 1 also beth′el, beth′el′),USA pronunciation n.
- Bible, Place Namesa village in W Jordan, near Jerusalem;
occupied by Israel since 1967: dream of Jacob. Gen. 28:19.
- Place Namesa town in SW Connecticut. 16,004.