WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020 A•sian /ˈeɪʒən/USA pronunciation
adj. WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- Language Varietiesof or relating to Asia.
- Language Varietiesa person born or living in Asia.
(ā′zhən, ā′shən),USA pronunciation adj.
- Language Varieties, Anthropologyof, belonging to, or characteristic of Asia or its inhabitants.
- Anthropology, Language Varietiesa native of Asia.
- Greek Asiānós. See Asia, -an
- Latin Asiānus
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
Asian /ˈeɪʃən; ˈeɪʒən/ adj
- of or relating to Asia or to any of its peoples or languages
- Brit of or relating to natives of the Indian subcontinent or any of their descendants, esp when living in Britain
- a native or inhabitant of Asia or a descendant of one
- Brit a native of the Indian subcontinent or a descendant of one
'Asian' also found in these entries: