- Bog of Allen ⇒ a region of peat bogs in central Ireland, west of Dublin. Area: over 10 sq km (3.75 sq miles)
- Lough Allen ⇒ a lake in Ireland, in county Leitrim
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
Al•len (al′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- BiographicalEthan, 1738–89, American soldier in the Revolutionary War: leader of the "Green Mountain Boys'' of Vermont.
- BiographicalFred (John Florence Sullivan), 1894–1956, U.S. comedian.
- BiographicalFrederick Lewis, 1890–1954, U.S. historian and editor.
- BiographicalGracie (Grace Ethel Cecile Rosalie Allen), 1905–64, U.S. comedian (partner and wife of George Burns).
- BiographicalRichard, 1760–1831, U.S. clergyman: a founder of the African Methodist Episcopal Church.
- BiographicalWoody (Allen Stewart Konigsberg), born 1935, U.S. comedian, author, actor, and filmmaker.
- a male given name.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
Allen /ˈælən/ n
Allen /ˈælən/ n
- Ethan. 1738–89, American soldier during the War of Independence who led the Green Mountain Boys of Vermont
- Lily (Rose Beatrice), born 1985, English pop singer; one of the first performers to come to prominence through exposure on the networking website MySpace rather than through record release
- Sir Thomas. born 1944, British operatic baritone
- Woody. real name Allen Stewart Konigsberg. born 1935, US film comedian, screenwriter, and director. His films as an actor and director include Annie Hall (1977), Manhattan (1979), Hannah and Her Sisters (1986), Bullets over Broadway (1994), and Anything Else (2003)
'Allen' also found in these entries: