- a widespread Eurasian scrophulariaceous plant, Verbascum thapsus, having woolly leaves and tall erect spikes of yellow flowers
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Biblea rod, inscribed with the name of Aaron, that miraculously blossomed and yielded almonds. Num. 17:8. Previously, the rod had changed into a serpent. Ex. 7:10.
- Plant Biologyany of various plants having a tall, flowering stem, as the goldenrod or mullein.
- Plant Biologya smooth-stemmed herb, Thermopsis caroliniana, found from North Carolina to Georgia, having yellow flowers in stiffly erect clusters and hoary pods.
- Architecturea convex molding having regularly spaced representations of leaves or scrollwork.
- 1825–35 for non-Biblical use
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
Aaron's rod n
'Aaron's rod' also found in these entries: