UK:*UK and possibly other pronunciationsUK and possibly other pronunciations/ˈraʊndəbaʊt/

US:USA pronuncation: IPAUSA pronuncation: IPA/adj. ˌraʊndəˈbaʊt, ˈraʊndəˌbaʊt; n. ˈraʊndəˌbaʊt/

US:USA pronunciation: respellingUSA pronunciation: respelling(adj. round′ə bout, roundə bout′; n. roundə bout′)

WordReference Collins English Usage © 2020
In British English, a roundabout is a circular area at a place where several roads meet. You drive round it until you come to the road you want.
Take the second exit at the roundabout onto the A140.
In American English, an area like this is called a traffic circle or a rotary.
The traffic circle has successfully slowed down vehicle traffic.
In British English, a roundabout is also a circular platform in a play park that children sit or stand on. People push the platform to make it spin round.
Children were playing happily on the roundabout, slide and swings.
In American English, this is called a merry-go-round.
'roundabout' also found in these entries:

Report an inappropriate ad.