UK:*UK and possibly other pronunciationsUK and possibly other pronunciations/ˈbɒnət/US:USA pronunciation: IPA and respellingUSA pronuncation: IPA/ˈbɑnɪt/ ,USA pronunciation: respelling(bonit)

WordReference Collins English Usage © 2020
bonnet - hood
In British English, the metal cover over the engine of a car is called the bonnet.
I lifted the bonnet to see what the problem was.
In American English, it is called the hood.
I looked under the hood to watch the mechanic at work.
'bonnet' also found in these entries:

Report an inappropriate ad.