WordReference English Collocations © 2020
wiseⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a wise (old) man
- a wise [message, decision, suggestion, idea, investment]
- he [gave, offered] us some wise words
- don't be a wise [ass, guy]!
- wise [use, management, selection]
- wise and [powerful, prudent, understanding]
- [it, that] was not (very) wise
- a very wise choice (if I may say so)!
- it's wise to [have, consider, keep, save]
- she has a wise head (on her shoulders)
- he's wise enough to [know, decide, teach]
- [getting, becoming] wise to his [tricks, ways]
- wise to the (ways of) the world
'wise' also found in these entries: