WordReference English Collocations © 2020
who ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [John] is the one who [spilled, broke, said, made]
- who (is the one that) [spilled] [it]?
- who is in charge [here, of checking]?
- does anyone know who [spilled] [it]?
- who will be [coming, participating, staying]?
- who [saw, hit, threatened] you?
- [didn't, need to] know who was [coming]
- [didn't] know who was going to [come]
- is that who I think it is?
- I wonder who this belongs to
- I wonder who [made, painted, wrote] this
- I don't know who [made] it
- who would have known?
- who do you think you are (anyway)?
- you are not who I thought you were
- anyone who can [manage, come, help]
- anyone who is [able, capable, ready] to
- those (of you) who already [know, have, can]
- don't know who thought it would be a good idea to
- who thought it would be a good idea to...?
- he who dares wins
- the who, what, when and where (of)
'who' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):