WordReference English Collocations © 2020
whereabouts ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the [suspect's, child's, killer's] whereabouts
- could not account for his whereabouts on [Monday]
- his whereabouts are [unknown, unclear]
- their whereabouts are still [unknown]
- trying to [trace, track, locate, pinpoint] her whereabouts
- his whereabouts [are, remain] secret
- nobody knows of their whereabouts
- her last known whereabouts
- UK: Whereabouts do you [live, work, study, come from]?
- UK: Whereabouts shall we [go, eat, stay]?
- Whereabouts are you?
- So, whereabouts is that?
- Whereabouts is your [office, apartment]?
'whereabouts' also found in these entries: