WordReference English Collocations © 2019
weepⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- weep for [his death, him, joy]
- weep with [joy, envy, him]
- weep over [his death, a loss]
- weep in [silence, vain, despair]
- weep like a child
- I could have wept
- wept to see [them]
- weep bitter tears
- read ['em, them] and weep!
- slang, offensive: Jesus wept!
- the wound [was, is] weeping
- burst out into a weep
- have a weep in [bed, the corner]
- had a weep about the [breakup, accident]
- had a weep over her [son, husband]
'weep' also found in these entries: