WordReference English Collocations © 2020
uselessⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a useless [student, worker, employee]
- this [machine, car, upgrade] is useless!
- was a useless [journey, effort, attempt]
- a useless [bit, piece] of information
- this is a useless waste of (my) [time, money, energy]
- [taking the test, going to school] is useless
- seems useless to [me, everybody, anyone you ask]
- this (whole thing) is useless!
- you're useless!
- UK: I'm useless at [maths, computing, DIY]
- be [given, fed] useless [information, data]
- come out with useless [trivia, facts, details]
- would be useless to [moan, ask, complain, learn]
- it's useless to beg
- [completely, utterly, quite] useless
- is the most useless [upgrade, thing] ever
'useless' also found in these entries: