WordReference English Collocations © 2020
unkindⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is an unkind [person, man, woman, boss, individual]
- is unkind to [animals, her sister]
- is so unkind to her
- was unkind of you to [ask, say, mention]
- that was very unkind of you
- Why do you have to be so unkind?
- unkind [words, thoughts]
- made (some) unkind [remarks, comments] about
- had some unkind words [about, for]
- gave an unkind [answer, reply, response]
- wrote an unkind [critique, review, article, report]
- the [animals, workers, prisoners, children] received unkind treatment
- the unkind treatment of [animals]
'unkind' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):