- Inflections of 'underscore' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
underscore ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- type an underscore
- where is the underscore?
- is separated by an underscore
- with an underscore between
- [John] underscore [Smith]
- it's missing an underscore (here)
- there should be an underscore here
- separated [them] with an underscore
- an underscore between the two [names, words]
- is that an underscore or a [dash, hyphen]?
- underscore a [word, line, phrase, sentence]
- underscore the [issue, importance, idea] (of)
- underscore a [video, movie, TV show]
- music to underscore a [scene, film]