- Inflections of 'undermine' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
undermine ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- undermined her [authority, position, confidence, health]
- [attempt, seek, try] to undermine her (authority)
- [his position] was undermined
- their [remarks, insults, jeering] undermined her confidence
- my health was undermined by [stress, overworking]
- undermine [everything, our great efforts, our hard work, the progress made]
- this [could, will, might] undermine [everything]
- undermine the [structure, foundations, cliff, house, formation]
- the [waves, storm, wind] undermined the [structure]
'undermine' also found in these entries: