WordReference English Collocations © 2020
uncleⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- I'm an uncle!
- you're going to be an uncle!
- meet your uncle!
- my favorite uncle
- my uncle [John]
- have [three] uncles
- my aunt and uncle
- is my great uncle
- staying with my uncle [for a week, this summer]
- am staying at my uncle's house [for a week]
- has been a [good, supportive] uncle
- [brought up, raised] by her aunt and uncle
- Uncle Sam wants you to
'uncle' also found in these entries: