- Inflections of 'turkey' (nnoun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc.):
- nplplural noun: Noun always used in plural form--for example, "jeans," "scissors."
- nplplural noun: Noun always used in plural form--for example, "jeans," "scissors." (Can be used as a collective plural)
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
turkey ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
n as adj
- a [roast, grilled, stuffed, Thanksgiving, Christmas] turkey
- [rear, keep, hunt] turkeys
- [roast, cook, bake] turkey (for dinner)
- (decided to) quit cold turkey
- quit [smoking, coffee] cold turkey
- did you really [go out, speak, sleep] with that turkey?
- UK: this [car, TV, cellphone] is a turkey!
- UK: the movie was a [complete, total] turkey
- UK: it would be like turkeys voting for Christmas
- was [born, raised, educated] in Turkey
- Turkey was [ruled, occupied] by the Ottomans
- the [Republic, government, coast] of Turkey
- the [European, Asian] part of Turkey
- a turkey [sandwich, dinner, breast]
- turkey [stuffing, recipes]
'turkey' also found in these entries: