- Inflections of 'translate' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
translate ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- translate the [text, book, page, quote]
- translate this [page, website, document]
- translate (it) into [German, Spanish]
- translate [German] to [Spanish]
- translate (from) [German] into [Spanish]
- translated from (the) [German]
- (has been) translated into [many, multiple, several, 20] languages
- [skills, abilities] that can translate to [different, new]
- this translates to [roughly, approximately, around]
- translate [well, poorly, automatically]
- doesn't translate [literally, precisely, exactly]
- cannot be translated [literally]
- translate [this] for me
- translate for [an agency, a company, the UN]
- translate for your [friend, husband, visitor, guest]
- translate the [information, data] into something [useful, understandable]
- translate [thought, ideas, plans] into action
- [edit, publish, modify, adapt] and translate
'translate' also found in these entries: