WordReference English Collocations © 2020
touchyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a touchy [person, girl, woman, man, individual]
- gets [a little, quiet, very] touchy
- gets [sort, kind] of touchy
- don't be so touchy!
- can get touchy [at times, sometimes]
- tends to get [quite] touchy [when, about]
- [is, gets] touchy when you [mention, say, ask about]
- is still touchy about [what happened, the loss]
- touchy about her [age, boyfriend, past]
- Why [do you always get, are you always] so touchy?
- touchy and [cranky, distant, offended]
- is a touchy [issue, situation, dilemma]