WordReference English Collocations © 2020
toiletⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- in the [men's, women's] toilet
- a [clean, dirty, fresh, smelly, pristine] toilet
- [an upstairs, a downstairs, a guest] toilet
- a [park, pub, festival, public, street] toilet
- a [small, large, tiny] toilet
- a [marble, ceramic, metal] toilet
- where is your toilet?
- UK: where are the toilets?
- [can, may] I use the toilet?
- read [the news, a book] on the toilet
- check [the results, your email] on the toilet
- the [season, plan, idea] went down the toilet
- am (sitting) on the toilet
- UK: is in the toilet
- UK: need to go to the toilet
- the toilet [brush, bowl]
- [put, leave] the toilet seat [up, down]
- toilet [humor, jokes, paper, bag, training]
- toilet train your [dog, child, toddler, son, daughter]
- my [dog] is toilet trained
'toilet' also found in these entries: