WordReference English Collocations © 2020
toadⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [green, brown, wet, slimy] toad
- heard a toad in the [garden, lawn, yard]
- looking for toads in the [garden]
- licking (the backs of) toads
- saw a toad jump (from)
- almost [stepped on, squished] a toad
- [hallucinated, tripped] from the psychoactive substances from a toad
- a toad with hallucinogenic properties
- slang: is a [two-faced, back-stabbing, lying] toad!
- slang: you're an [arrogant, irritable] (little) toad!
- UK: [made, ate] toad in the hole
'toad' also found in these entries: