- Inflections of 'tissue' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
tissue ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
n as adj
- [cancerous, abnormal] tissue
- the tissue looks [cancerous]
- have the [cancerous] tissue removed
- [muscle, brain, scar, fat] tissue
- a virus that [affects, attacks] body tissue
- a box of tissues
- can you hand me a tissue?
- need a tissue
- do you have a tissue?
- blow your nose in a tissue
- wipe your nose with a tissue
- use a tissue to [blow, wipe] your nose
- stuffed a tissue up his [nose, nostril]
- offered his [friend, coworker] a tissue
- it's all a tissue of [lies, tall tales]
- take a tissue sample
- a tissue donor
- a tissue box
- pack with tissue paper
'tissue' also found in these entries: