WordReference English Collocations © 2020
tinkerⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- tinker with the [toaster, car, dials]
- tinker around with the [toaster]
- tinker around on the [computer, internet]
- tinker around in the [garage, lab]
- tinkered around [for hours, endlessly]
- tinkered away for [hours, days]
- tinkered around the edges (of)
- had a tinker on the piano
- gave the [article, program, machine] a tinker
- dated: made a living as a tinker
- UK, slang: is a [little, rotten, rude] tinker!
'tinker' also found in these entries: