WordReference English Collocations © 2020
thugⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a gang of (local) thugs
- [mindless, violent, young] thugs
- is nothing but a thug
- is such a thug!
- [busted, arrested] the thug
- the thug was busted (for)
- was beaten up by a gang of thugs
- the thugs beat him up
- has [become, turned into] a (violent) thug
- [behaving, acting] like a thug
- a thug's life
- thug life
- thug-like [mentality, behavior]
'thug' also found in these entries: