WordReference English Collocations © 2020
thankfulⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a thankful [person, guest, nature]
- be thankful for small [miracles, mercies]!
- be thankful that we're not [poor, starving, struggling]
- (just) be thankful (for what you've got)
- What are you thankful for?
- am thankful for [my friends, this meal]
- is thankful for the [food, help, opportunity, job]
- thankful for all the [help, support, kindness]
- thankful for having been [given, offered]
- were thankful that it [was over, had finished]
- very thankful to be [safe, alive, protected]
- was thankful to the [host, family, boss, waiter]
- with a thankful heart
- [busy, engaged, knelt] in thankful prayer
'thankful' also found in these entries: