WordReference English Collocations © 2020
terrifyingⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a terrifying [scene, movie, sight, accident]
- terrifying [stories, accounts, tales] (of)
- went through a terrifying [ordeal, experience]
- [drive, play, work] in terrifying conditions
- [drove] at terrifying speed
- face a terrifying [prospect, battle, challenge]
- is terrifying to [think about, contemplate, see, watch]
- (learn) the terrifying truth (about)
- that sounds terrifying!
- how terrifying for you!
- that must have been terrifying!
- so terrifying that she couldn't [speak, find, escape]
- was all the more terrifying [because, due to]
'terrifying' also found in these entries: