WordReference English Collocations © 2020
swindleⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [a dishonest, an illegal] swindle
- hey, this is a swindle!
- hey, that was a swindle!
- [an insurance, a tax] swindle
- a [$5] million swindle
- fell for the swindle
- was tricked by the swindle
- got caught up in a swindle
- came up with a new swindle
- thought of a new swindle
- always thinking of (new) swindles
- always has some kind of swindle (going)
- masterminded a [tax] swindle
- part of an [elaborate, insurance] swindle
- swindle [people, them, their customers, the elderly]
- swindle [millions] from them
- swindle them out of their [money, savings]
- swindle [money] from [innocent victims, the state]
- swindled her into [paying, believing, buying]
- she was swindled into [paying]
- you've been swindled
'swindle' also found in these entries: