WordReference English Collocations © 2020
surelyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- Surely [you can't be, you're not] serious?
- You're kidding me, surely?
- (then) surely he must be [lying, telling the truth]
- surely it must be [true, a lie, important]
- surely he knows how to [offend, cook, play football]
- they must surely [know, be aware] that
- (must) surely contain some [errors, mistakes, oversights]
- surely not!
- they will surely [die, perish, struggle]
'surely' also found in these entries: