WordReference English Collocations © 2020
sureⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- (it's) a sure thing
- I'm sure of it!
- are you sure about [that, this]?
- you can be sure that
- are you sure that you [have, finished, did]
- are you sure you know what you're doing?
- you [can't, can never] be too sure (about these things)
- can never be [100%, completely] sure
- [I am, I'm] sure he will [come, finish, help]
- yes, I am [pretty, quite] sure
- am [absolutely, fairly, completely] sure
- OK, I was just making sure
- am not (exactly) sure why
- (and then) sure enough he
- be sure to [check, finish, clock out]
- make sure and [check, read, visit]
- (yes,) for sure!
- sure thing!
- sure you are!
- sure, why not!
'sure' also found in these entries:
absolutely - accordingly - actually - alibi - almost - altogether - always - attached - automatically - be - bet - bit - blank - can - check - cite - cock - compliment - consideration - crafty - crib - cross - darn - deed - dice - dirty - document - effectively - eleven - entirely - exactly - eyebrow - fairly - fake - fold - gate - gently - graph - harness - he - how - know - latch - liner - lukewarm - make - midnight - mismatch - monitoring - not