- Inflections of 'surcharge' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
surcharge ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- had to pay a surcharge (for)
- there was a surcharge on the bill (for)
- a [$10] surcharge (for)
- the surcharge is [$10] (for)
- a surcharge [on, for] credit card bookings
- the hotel put a surcharge on the bill for everything
- the bill was full of surcharges
- was a surcharge on [parking, services, cleaning]
- am not going to pay a surcharge for...!
- am tired of all the (extra) surcharges!
- impose a surcharge on [imports, exports]
n as adj
- surcharge (you) for [internet connection, movies, services]
- the [hotel, service provider, company] surcharges for [internet connection]
- surcharge [accounts, credit cards, users]
- [users, clients, patients] are surcharged for services
- [users] were surcharged by [five dollars, ten dollars, the day]
- surcharge a stamp
- had to pay a surcharge fee (for)