WordReference English Collocations © 2020
suicideⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [teen, attempted, assisted] suicide
- [political, financial, economic] suicide
- [attempted, committed, prevent] suicide
- committed suicide to [escape, free, avoid, be]
- committed suicide by [jumping, leaping] off
- committed suicide [when, after, following]
- committed suicide [five years] ago
- talked him out of suicide
- suicide in [adults, teenagers, women, men, prison]
- suicide by [cutting, hanging, strangling]
- a [would-be, potential] suicide
- that would be [financial, political] suicide!
'suicide' also found in these entries: