WordReference English Collocations © 2020
suckerⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- you're such a sucker!
- don't be (such) a sucker!
- what a sucker!
- slang: [take that, gotcha], sucker!
- is just a poor sucker
- is an easy sucker to fool
- a gullible sucker
- is a sucker for [love, punishment, a handsome face]
- the sucker [was conned, fell for it]
- was played for a sucker
- was [eating, licking] a sucker
- a [cherry, strawberry] sucker
- got a sucker for [winning, being good, her good grades]
- the [teacher, doctor] gave her a sucker
- get out of here, you [nasty, annoying] blood suckers!
- sucker him into [paying, doing, accepting]
- suckered into [paying] by his [friend, brother, family]
- sucker a plant
- the plant suckers in the [summer, winter, fall]
- the sucker [stick, wrapper]
- dealt the sucker [blow, punch]
'sucker' also found in these entries: