WordReference English Collocations © 2020
stinkⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the stink of [defeat, betrayal]
- the stink of the [room, place, dump]
- the stink of [urine, sweat, feces]
- what is that stink?
- where is that stink coming from?
- [an awful, a foul, a pungent, a disgusting, an eye-watering] stink
- the stink was coming from the [body, other room]
- there is a stink coming from the [body]
- the stink was unbearable
- could not stand the stink anymore
- was overpowered by the stink
- the stink made her [vomit, wretch]
- informal: is always making a big stink (about)
- informal: makes a big stink every time (that)
- [this job, this movie, he] stinks!
- [the garbage, her breath] stinks
- your [feet, armpits] stink
- stinks of [death, smoke, sweat, alcohol, cigarettes, corruption]
- stink up the [house, (whole) room, car, place, apartment]
- stink the [house] up
- stink out the [house, car, room]
- stink the [place] out
- stinks like [a dog, hell, rotten eggs]
- stinks from [sitting out, sitting in the sun, the farm, the workout]
- idiom: stinks to high heaven
- [threw, launched, lit] a stink bomb
- a stink bug
'stink' also found in these entries: