WordReference English Collocations © 2020
stenchⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the stench of [defeat, betrayal]
- the stench of [urine, sweat, feces]
- the stench of [rotting, decomposing] flesh
- the stench of the [room, place, dump]
- an [awful, overwhelming, unmistakable] stench
- a [sickening, foul, putrid, gut-wrenching] stench
- what is that stench?
- where is that stench coming from?
- [an awful, a foul, a pungent, a disgusting, an eye-watering] stench
- the stench was coming from the [body, other room]
- there is a stench coming from the [body]
- the stench was unbearable
- could not stand the stench anymore
- was overpowered by the stench
- [wretched, vomited, threw up] at the stench
- the stench made him [wretch]
'stench' also found in these entries: