WordReference English Collocations © 2020
steadyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- on a steady [platform, ladder, base]
- a steady [balance, footing, rhythm, pace]
- a steady [source, stream, flow] (of)
- has a steady [job, salary, wage, income]
- a steady source of income
- steady [increase, climb, growth]
- on a steady diet of
- [needs, requires] a steady hand
- [write, draw, throw] with a steady hand
- keep the [wheel, bike, car, plane, ship] steady
- managed to keep her [head, nerves] steady
- steady does it!
- [keep, hold] it steady!
- (his nerves) remained steady throughout
- [my weight, the death toll] has stayed steady (at)
- is a steady customer at the [bar, pub, restaurant]
- the [student, patient] is making steady progress
- are making steady progress (towards)
- the (young) couple are going steady
- is in a steady relationship (with)
- [has, is looking for, wants] a steady relationship
- has a steady girlfriend
- UK: ready, steady, go!
- UK: steady on, [now, there]!
- steady the [ship, boat, plane]
- the [ship] steadied
- steady your [nerves, voice, legs]
- a [deep breath, stiff drink] to steady yourself
- steady yourself against the [wall, chair, table]
- [prices, exchange rates, relations] have steadied
'steady' also found in these entries: