WordReference English Collocations © 2019
starterⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- there are a number of [problems, issues]. For starters, [where, what, why]...?
- well, for starters, I'll have [a steak, beer]
- well, for starters, I will try [a steak]
- well, for starters, I will need to [know, have, see]
- for starters, you haven't [done, checked, included]
- and that's just for starters!
- a menu of starters
- what would you like for starters?
- would you like to order any starters?
- would like to have [cheese curds, fried oysters] as a starter
- only [half] of the starters finished the race
- UK: the [cars, runners] are under starter's orders
- the [car's, truck's] starter is broken
- [replace, fix, repair] the [car's] starter
- get the [car's] starter [replaced]
- a starter package (of)
- a starter home
- fix the starter motor
- a starter question for [ten] [points, dollars]
- a starter kit for [sewing, cooking]
'starter' also found in these entries: