WordReference English Collocations © 2020
spookyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a spooky [house, mansion, castle, forest, town]
- a spooky [movie, book, story]
- the [movie] has a spooky [twist, setting, ending]
- a spooky Halloween [story, costume, ghost]
- spooky [music, sounds, tracks, instruments]
- had a spooky [face, expression, smile, look]
- had a spooky [evening, time, moment]
- gave me a spooky feeling
- was too spooky for me
- is spooky [at night, in the fog, on your own]
- the spooky world of sorcery
- a spooky (kind of) [girl, boy, man, woman, person]
- that's (just) spooky!
'spooky' also found in these entries: