WordReference English Collocations © 2020
spiceⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- uses [a lot of, too many] spices
- what spices did you [use, put] in this (dish)?
- this [taco, sauce] has a lot of spice in it!
- did I [use, put in] too much spice?
- spices and herbs
- the spices are typical of the [region, country]
- are the typical spices of the [region]
- are typical spices in [Asian] [cooking, cuisine]
- a (special) [blend, combination] of spices
- the spices [go well, taste good, taste terrible] together
- add some more spices to
- sprinkle some more spices into
- [crush, grind, pound] the spices
- is flavored like pumpkin spice
- pumpkin spice is back for [October, Halloween]
- idiom: variety is the spice of life
- idiom: sugar and spice and everything nice
- figurative: add some spice to the [presentation, speech]
- figurative: the jokes gave the [speech] some spice
- figurative: with just a spice of [humor, wit]
- spice up [your life, a party, a speech] (with)
- spice [things] up (a bit)
- [could, should, need to] spice [things] up
- spice a [dish, sauce, curry]
- spice (it) with [pepper, cumin, chilli]
- the [sauce] was spiced with [cumin]
- [buy, mount] a spice rack
- a pumpkin-spice [latte, coffee]
'spice' also found in these entries: