WordReference English Collocations © 2020
slavery ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [child, sex, sexual, domestic] slavery
- a [life, decade, bond] of slavery
- the [end, abolishment] of slavery
- [end, abolish, stop, prevent] slavery
- slavery was [abolished, outlawed] (in)
- was [forced, sold] into slavery
- slavery for [life, decades, children, women]
- slavery in [America, Egypt]
- slavery in the [17th] century
- it's almost like slavery!
- this [work, job] is slavery!
- modern day slavery
- [a country, an economy] built on slavery
'slavery' also found in these entries: