WordReference English Collocations © 2020
slagⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [iron, gold, lead, steel, waste] slag
- compact [iron] slag
- [piles, heaps] of [iron] slag
- the burning [iron] left a pool of slag
- industrial waste including [iron] slag
- slag [produced, generated, created] from [iron]
- [remove, extract] impurities as slag
- UK, slang, offensive: she's a [dirty, cheap] slag!
- UK, slang, offensive: get [off, away from] me, you slag!
- use slag [glass, cement]
- a slag [heap, pile]