WordReference English Collocations © 2020
significanceⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is of [minor, major, great, special] significance
- is of [social, cultural, statistical, political] significance
- is of no significance [at all, whatsoever, in the slightest, to you]
- the [comment, decision, election] is of no significance (at all)
- [failed to, didn't] realize the significance of her [words, warning]
- [take on, acquire, gain] more significance
- give significance to a [mundane, dull, routine] [task, job]
- the significance of what was [happening, developing, being said]
- the significance of the [issue, matter, event, findings, decision]
- an [issue] of great significance
- of [great] significance to [them, the government, the country]
- what is the significance of that?
'significance' also found in these entries: