WordReference English Collocations © 2020
shrimpⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [sautéed, fried, grilled, barbecued, steamed] shrimp
- [rice, paella, salad] with shrimp
- shrimp with [basil, lemon, garlic]
- fry the shrimps [until crispy, for two minutes]
- [put, place] the shrimps on skewers
- went [fishing, trawling] for shrimps
- informal: he's just a little shrimp!
- the [catch, fish] was shrimped
- shrimp in the [sea, lake, river]
- make shrimp [cocktail, sauce, salad, chowder]
- shrimp [fishing, farming, farms]
- dip in shrimp paste
'shrimp' also found in these entries: